Quality Check SPICA (in progress)
- May 1: Interesting engineering tests on E1-AO and different synthetic matrices.
- May 2: Fog, rain and humidity. Lot of daytime activity on AO, alignment, dispersion, injection, spectral calibration
- May 3: Fog, humidity - no obs. Daytime activities on AO, alignment procedure, and issue probably found for the correction of dispersion.
- May 4: 100% humidity, Winter advisory, snow expected. No observations, continuation of daytime activities
- May 5: A few inches of snow during the day, fog and humidity. Continuation of daytime activities.
- May 6
- On April 6 & 7, CHARA is still closed after the winter break
- April 8: clouds for the first half of the time, then S1S2 fringes
- April 9: humidity for the first halp of the night then more fringes
- April 10: humidity for the first half of the night then alignment, AO, and more fringes
UT 1-5 December: Remote operations but no on-sky fringes because of poor weather
UT 4-8 November: Remote operations (Cyril, Sylvain, Fred, Nicolas, Denis + Julien)
Engineering activities on LDC/VLDC/DDL - Offsets on sky - Fringe tracking
W2W1 fringes seen on the spicaRTD after stretching but still with some dispersion: IMG_2724.MOV
UT 4-11 October: onsite operations (Pierre, Julien, Denis)
More engineering activities on LDC/VLDC/DDL - Offsets on sky - AO & Fringe tracking - First set of initial data
S1S2 fringes on gam Cas as seen on the RTD (dispersion not completely compensated) IMG_2691.MOV
UT 12-19 August: Remote from Calern
Engineering activities on dispersion, baseline solution, and operations.
- August 19 log20220819.pdf
- August 18 log20220818.pdf
- August 17 log20220817.pdf
- August 16 Log20220816.pdf
- August 15 Log20220815.pdf 15thOfAugust2022.pdf
- August 14 Log20220814.pdf
- August 13 Log20220813.pdf
- August 12 Log20220812.pdf
UT 8-12 July 2022: Remote from Calern
UT 21-25 June 2022: Mt Wilson (Denis, Fred, Julien)
- 25 June 2022: Commissioning, MLDC only
- Fringes S1S2 obtained on different stars, always the same offset (==> beam samplers different from STS)
- Fringes W1W2 on HD177724 at +3850µm on W1. Again a BS/STS issue.
- New TELAO telemetries under very good r0 conditions (18cm)
- 24 June 2022: Commissioning, but poor seeing
- New records of control and science data for tests of injection
- Hard time to find fringes because of a bad settings of the MLDC+VLDC
- New record of TELAO telemetries
- 23 June 2022: Array closed following the power outage
- 22 June 2022: High winds, thunderstorms
- 21 June 2022: Commissioning (first 2T fringes)
- S1S2 fringes found on Eta Uma, MR720 and LR - Important dispersion
- Recording of Control and Science data
- Recording of sequence of injection (control and science)
- Recording of HD148857 (binary with separation 1.3'') for field characterization
- TELAO telemetries recorded
- Control data recorded with different settings of LABAO focus on S1/B5
UT 27-31 May 2022: Nice&Calern (Sylvain, Cyril, Philippe, Fred, Denis)
- 31 May 2022: spica-vis software activities
- 30 May 2022: spica-vis software activities
- 29 May 2022: very poor seing conditions, no SPICA-FT close loop possible
- 28 May 2022: operation of SPICA-FT, GD and PD loops up to 4 telescopes
- 27 May 2022: clouds but promising tests of SPICA-FT control loops
UT 23-27 April 2022: Mt Wilson (David, Denis, Fred)
- 27 April 2022: clouds and poor seeing.
- 26 April 2022: medium conditions. Tests of injection
- 25 April 2022: good conditions. Validation of the FTT and fiberexplorer but still low ejection level. Tests of refraction.
- 24 April 2022: very bad seeing, tests of alignment procedures
- 23 April 2022: clouds and hgh humidity
UT 28 Mars to 31 March 2022: Calern (Denis, Fred, Philippe, Sylvain)
- 31 March 2022: poor seeing, high humidity. Continuation of software activities and SPICA-FT closed loop.
- 30 MArch 2022: high humidity, no observations
- 29 March 2022: bad weather, no observations
- 28 March 2022: bad weather, no observations
UT 10-12 March 2022: Mt Wilson (Cyril, Daniel, Denis, Julien, Philippe, Pierre)
- 12 March 2022: tests of AO tuning and fiber injection.
- 11 March 2022: poor seeing and winds, no observations
- 10 March 2022: (First stellar light) alignment on sky; very poor seeing. Issues for injection and fringes.